Sunday, February 20, 2011

What's Good For The Goose...

I get so upset when there are double standards in life. I get even more upset when they directly effect me. Case in point growing up my brother was always allowed to walk around the house in his boxers for the simple fact that he was a boy. My sister and I however, always had to be wearing some type of clothing to cover ourselves up.

Today, grown up and out of my parents house, I make the rules but at the same time I find that this basic concept still remains outside of my control. I don't understand why people still get it in their heads that it is an okay thing to do. And even more so when they know that they are doing it.

I know it is hard to stop yourself from doing those, perhaps not so great, habits that we have taught ourselves to do, and no one is going to stop their habits overnight. That is just not how it works. But I am constantly faced with trying to change those things about myself that maybe others don't find acceptable. I try my hardest to make those changes if those changes are to better myself.

But when others seem to not even try it gets to me. I do believe that we all have the ability to change, if we really want to. The key being if they really want to. So all I really want to change is the double standards that are applied to my life by others. Just be honest and respect me and I will show the same courtesies that is all I ask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)