Monday, February 21, 2011

Tough Decisions

Always I hate making tough choices in life. Sometimes I even hate making the small ones. But right now I strongly dislike that what dictates my life is finances.

Coming up I have the wedding of a very dear friend. I met her in college and even was around for when she and her soon-to-be husband first met. I got to watch their love grow and really just love being able to be with them whenever I can. I always feel close to them even though these days we don't get to spend much time together. I remember when they first got engaged and I swore that I would be at the wedding no matter what. I was originally planning to use my tax refund to fund my trip to the wedding. Now that I am going to owe the government money I am not sure that I can make it at all.

Even more difficult is knowing that the following weekend is General Conference and knowing that I have been planning to go in April since before I even knew the wedding date. However with this new debt that I will be owing I can only really choose one trip, and even that might be a stretch.

So I am feeling very torn, in my heart I know that going to conference and being with my branch will bring untold rewards. I want so much for things to work out all around, but I know that things don't always work that way. I guess this will take more thought and prayer and a little bit of planning before I know what is really going to happen. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)