Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New Attitude

As I was listening to people bear their testimonies today in Sacrament meeting I realized how optimistic people become at the thought of beginning a new year. It is as if the change of the last digit on the calendar has actually changed everything in their lives. Everything that people want becomes attainable, or at least it seems that is the way people feel.

I don't really know that I am an exception to this idea, I too have seen a change in my attitude and my life as this year begins to move forward. I don't want things to be the same in all aspects of my life but I do recognize that I need to change somethings and I am working on them. And somehow because the year changed I am afforded the opportunity to make the changes that I so desperately want.

There are certain things that I can't control that still feel are out of my reach, but I am trying to focus on the short term goals that can hopefully make a difference in the way I am living. I guess that is why one of the concepts I really liked learning in church today was the idea that with many things in our life we may fail but we are blessed with the option to try and try again.

Although the effort can be a taxing ordeal and many times it becomes discouraging for the person repeating the attempt, I thought more about what a privilege it is to be able to try something over again until you get it right. A great example is such, I may stink sometimes at sitting down and typing out my thoughts on my blog, but at anytime I can make the attempt to get back on track. And the good news is that blogs are like children, if you think this one is going bad then you can always just make another and try again ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)