Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

I always think that carving pumpkins is a great thing but the second I open the pumpkin to clean it out for carving I realize I have just undertaken a project that is more work than I actually care to do for a couple of days worth of decoration for a house.

witch over a cauldron
Last night I felt the same way, good thing pumpkin carving this year was a group effort activity. This pumpkin was carved by myself, Anya and Valerie. It still took the better part of an hour to get it all cleaned up and carved, even with three of us working on it. I have to admit I walked away the most but I would come back every now and again to put in some work, just in case our team won the carving contest. It came really close, we might of for sure won if we had picked the hardest pattern to do. It was the prettiest but would of been way too hard to actually carve out. It seems that though it was a small activity we all had a great time anyways and that is what Family Home Evening is really all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)