Friday, June 29, 2012

Making It On Your Own

I have always been fascinated by those individuals that decided to go out on their own and make a business out of what they really love to do. Mostly I seem to hear about people who love to bake and cook going out on their own and starting a little shop. Maybe it is only known because of the numerous cooking competition shows that take over the airwaves. Oh yeah and a whole channel dedicated to food, but who could really live without it?

But the fact remains true, whether the business is successful or a complete failure there are people out there that are still going out on their own and at least trying to make their business happen. I am so floored by the fact that people are able to figure out where to go to make their dream a reality when it comes to small businesses. I just don't have the first clue as to even figuring it out.

Many people lately have been saying that I should open a bakery or market the foods that I have been making because they are impressed with the taste and the quality that comes out of my little kitchen. I can honestly say there is something desirable about a job that I could make the hours for. And to be able to do something that I really enjoy versus sitting at a desk all day. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful to have a job, but I sometimes feel like I am wasting away inside for 8 hours a day.


As I start to think about how I have no idea what I would be doing trying to start a business, where I would get money, equipment, supplies, or even how to advertise, I am even more amazed by those who do it. I guess sometimes it all comes down to whether or not you are willing to chase a dream that might fail and live or you are fine with something that seems mundane but safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)