Monday, August 20, 2012

Back To Work


I was debating what I wanted to post about today, the easiest topic of course won out so today I am thinking a lot about my decision to go back to being a gym member. I feel like it was a split decision because I walked into the gym with no intention of joining, I was just feeling lousy and knew that a good work out would help me feel better. And since I could just buy a day pass and work out with my friend I thought this was no big deal, $10 to feel better, I will take that. I decided anyways to ask about joining and see what it would cost, thinking that if I could work it into my budget then I could join within the next month.

Well I got the numbers and went to work out and think about what I was going to do. I have had a nagging feeling lately that I just needed to find a way to get myself working out again. I told myself months ago when I quit my last gym that I could just work out at home and save the money for other things. Lots of people work out at home and they do just fine. I should have known from past experiences that I am not one of those people. It is not that I don't like working out I really do and I know that my apartment is no gym but I also know that it is big enough to burn some calories, yet I never did anything to get the work outs going.

Call me lazy if you want I don't care, I know that I have a tendency to be on the lazy side, especially when I feel like everything is piled up against me. A lot of times that means I will fight back but when it comes to working out or house work I tend to let the laziness take over. These days it seems to take over easily between having a second job and my chronic neck pain/ headaches. I know deep down I couldn't let this all continue, I needed to make this change and work on helping myself feel better.

Luckily my friend was there to help me think through the idea of joining the gym.Don't you just love friends! We talked it over, what it would mean for financially, what it would mean for me physically and mentally, even how it might work better in my schedule than trying to get to the gym right after work like I was doing before. By the end of the work out I had done strength training for my arms, cardio on the elliptical and treadmill and shot some hoops at the converted basketball court. And I knew that I should sign up right away, so I did. I feel good, I feel stronger, I feel like sore :) Though I had some trouble getting out of chairs and lifting my arms over my head yesterday and today, it is a good feeling, I don't know if it is actually possible but I can feel my body growing stronger right now, healing it self and getting out all the junk I have been putting in there.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I totally feel you on not being able to motivate myself to workout at home. All I do is belly dance which is a workout enough but I have all of this equipment and I don't use it enough. That's why I need the gym and my Weight Watchers meetings. lol. Some can motivate themselves to hit the pavement and run for free and others need memberships to fitness clubs. That's me! lol. Such is life. ;)

    Second of all, hail yeah to having a gym membership! Woo hoo! I am glad you were able to fit it into your budget. I know that going to the gym will really help you when you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. Being able to beat up the treadmill or elliptical when I feel lousy is so amazing and even if we haven't built a couple of lbs of muscle after that one single gym session, we are still getting stronger mentally and emotionally because the bad is replaced with good energy. That's why my facebook wall is covered in gym check-in posts. lol. ;p

    Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia :) Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)