Monday, October 17, 2011

12 Miles to Victory

Saturday was definitely a day to remember. Our branch did our Annual Relief Society (Branch) Hike for Big Basin to the Sea. Everyone who had been on the hike before said it was fun and mostly downhill, even if it hadn't been I was ready for the challenge, well that is until I saw the following sign.
If only I had known before hand
Strenuous is not necessarily a word you want to hear on a Saturday morning, not to mention that by the time I had seen this sign our group was well on the way AND the cars that transported us up to Big Basin had already gone away. So basically by the time this sign came around there was no going back. 

Sis. Burgon being a rebel

Berry Falls

By the time we reached the waterfall and had our snack I was glad for the time to rest and stretch out my knees. Plus to get a little bit of food in my stomach. It was a beautiful view and a great place to stop and reflect and converse for a bit.
There should be a law against hiking and taking photos, I almost fell of the side
The ride home
The camera cut out the thumbs up she was giving
After all the hard work, and some very hardcore aches and pains, we finished our 12 mile hike, had a bar-be-que and as you can see some people needed a little nap on the ride home. But we all made it in one piece and I know that although I could barely move the day after, I had accomplished something that I could look back on for proof of my personal strength and something I knew would make my body stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)