Friday, October 21, 2011

Driving The Night Away

Family Home Evening this last week was a really great one. We ended up going to the driving range, which I know is just whatever for most people but for me it is more of a sentimental event. Golfing was always something that I did with my Grandfather when he was alive.

About to swing
When I was 8 years old I started to go golfing with my Grandfather his co-worker friends. I would get all kinds of food and snacks and drinks. Once in a while they would let me attempt to hit the ball off a tee. I knew they were laughing at me, I usually missed the ball altogether or couldn't hit it very far. If we were away from the clubhouse I got to drive the golf cart, which started my obsession to eventually live somewhere that I can drive a golf cart around. If I could drive a golf cart everywhere I went I would be super happy every day of my life.

At some point I even took a youth golf class. You would think that I would be decent at mini-golf because of this but putting and driving have never been my strongest areas. Chipping was always so easy for me. Anyways when we went to the driving range for family home evening this last week it gave me a chance to feel closer to my Grandfather again. It is amazing how things like that can give you a calm comfort like your loved ones are right there beside you because this is something that you enjoyed together. I am planning to make another trip out to the driving range soon especially since the holidays are coming up and missing Grandpa means so much more during that time.

Hit the 200 yard sign

2 comments:

  1. I have missed you the last two weeks. I hope all is well with you. I have also missed your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Dorff you found me :) I am so sorry that we have been missing lately, sicknesses and lack of gas money are mostly what is happening. But we hope to return next week if there is class?

    Let me know if you get a blog I would love to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)