Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Puzzle Pieces

Puzzles can be metaphors for many things, but they work really well for the analogy of small pieces making up a bigger picture. With each small piece you can't necessarily tell what the overall image is going to be, it takes a couple of pieces together to start to form the begins of the picture. Sometimes a section to the right of the puzzle forms and then a section in the bottom corner. Slowly things come together.

It can take a long time to get the whole puzzle of our lives together, in fact it pretty much takes an entire lifetime and maybe then some to get it all completed. But what I am fast learning is that each of us can take away some happiness even from the partial sections of the puzzle that are beginning to come together.

I think most recently I can apply this concept into my life through a health stand point. I am no doubt far from perfect in the eat healthy, work out everyday mind set, but today was one of those days that I notice a small section of my puzzle coming together. At work our offices get cleaned once every other week and I can usually monitor what week it is by how much my trash is full. For a while I was eating out a lot at lunch but for the last while I have been working on improving dislike of preparing meals to bring to work.

I have eaten out very little in the recent past and it definitely reflected the hard work that I have been putting into making that change in my life. When the janitor came in to clean my office this morning my trash was less than 3/4 full. Usually when I eat out more often it it compacted at least twice by my foot and still overflowing but not this time. A sound purchase in some snapware, doing more dishes at home and staying in some nights to cook food to last a couple of days has lead me to better health and a positive step towards saving the environment from my trash.

It may not be a big section of my puzzle it may not even be all that important but it is the small pieces that make up the larger puzzle, and rejoicing the small and simple things is what is going to help get us all through until we are able to see the bigger picture and how beautiful that is.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Good for you. It can be such a pain to have to pre-plan/cook meals. Then having to clean all the dishes, bring home the containers you put your food in and making sure you wash it can just...ahhh....can't I just order a #1 please? Hehe. I am trying to stay away from eating out, especially pizza! I literally am starting a countdown of being pizza free. lol. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia so true, so true! Especially since I have never really liked doing dishes at all. I haven't been as lucky at staying away from the pizza, but I am hoping that I can focus more on making my own healthy pizza instead of going out that way it is the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)