Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sharing The Love

In what seems like my never ending adventure to feel complete I have decided to try something new and share some love. Going to the farmer's market is always a good thing, fresh foods, lots of people, maybe even some that I know, beautiful plants, delicious pastries and usually some adorable kittens to say hello to. The last time I went to the farmer's market and we were looking at the cats to be adopted and I was pressed upon to ask the volunteers about information in regards to fostering kittens.

Thinking that I would eventually try and do some fostering sometime in the distant future, I got the information of the lady in charge of placing the kittens in foster homes and thought nothing much about it. I put the information on the fridge as a idea to think about but not really to actually do. Just a fun little idea, you know adding more responsibility to my life on top of everything else that I try to do, but I came to the realization that maybe it wasn't all for me and maybe it would be best for Guido and these little kittens that I would be in charge of.

Also I think there would be an advantage for the kittens, if they can learn to be comfortable with a dog in the house I believe that they will have more opportunities to be adopted out. All in all it seems like a great idea, I have no fiscal responsibility for the kittens and once they reach the right weight then they are going to get adopted to a great forever home. Only some short term responsibility and if I don't like it or it doesn't work out I can just stop volunteering.

I was ultimately thinking that this would all be a long process to get the paperwork done and get the kittens, but I felt it is worth a shot to try and help in the community, especially during kitten season. However I found out the process is not that long and now less than two weeks after getting the information of the kitten coordinator, I am a proud foster parent of two little kittens. Hopefully this venture will help me continue to find the things in this life that I feel like I am missing. I am willing to try anything at this point to just get pointed in the right direction. And in the mean time I get to share some love on some kittens that will one day make some family very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)