Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Garden Update - Week 3

Things have gone a little unexpected in both directions this last week as far as my garden is concerned. I have been trying to go as slowly as my budget will allow in growing my little garden, however it is growing much to quickly for me. Lucky I had a small win fall this last weekend that is definitely going to help out a bit. And even my best plans had to be modified to suit the needs of my garden.

I was able to add some strawberry plants this week. I even took some time to set up the pallet that was going to be the  growing station for them. However my best intentions were not so great and the landscape fabric that I had attached to the pallet wouldn't hold the weight of the soil, nor did I have enough soil to fill the pallet the way I had envisioned. Luckily the hardware store is close and without too much effort I put some soil in a gutter, yes a gutter. I am not sure how it will work but I am excited to see what will happen. Also added a hummingbird feeder in hopes that they will come and help pollinate my plants. Between that and the flowers I am hoping this will work, I guess I could go old school geneticist and do it by hand but that is a whole different story. Now for the progress pictures...


Strawberries
Anaheim Peppers
Zucchini
Early Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)