Friday, June 17, 2011

HP Challenge - Day 3 Missing Storyline

I know the movies are very different from the books, what I like most is that I can enjoy them all especially when I think about them as separate things. Looking back over the years there have been a couple of things that I missed when they had to do the editing for the movies. Mostly we could all use more Quidditch in our lives. I am grateful that there are organized leagues in colleges across the world that are allowing for this great sport to grow and flourish.

So besides the clear lack of Quidditch in the movies, I do have a couple of other moments that I missed. I know many loved Peeves but I was able to overlook his absence. I wanted so much to see the Sphinx in the Tri-Wizard maze, I loved that riddle in the book. In recent times I have missed the part of the last book when Dudley reveals his actual feelings for his cousin Harry. I wanted so much to see Hermione use her logic to get through the potions chamber in Sorcerer's Stone. I miss the reactions of the Hogwarts girls when they get Firenze as a teacher.

But no matter how much they might of had to take out of the movies, I will always and forever remember the reaction my friend Kristen when she freaked out when there was magically a new actor in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and she couldn't place him as a character from the books. I think to this day if you bring up that movie that might be her first response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)