Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Daddy

I don't have any pictures on my computer of me and my daddy, so I am sharing a picture of my family from my brother and sister-in-laws wedding. That is me and my dad on the left.

How very lucky I have been to have my father in my life. He is not a man of many words and sometimes he just doesn't know what to say, but he was never at a lack for words when it came time for a blessing before the school year started or if we were sick. How wonderful it was to have him be an example of what to look for in a husband in regards to being a worthy priesthood holder.

How grateful I am to him for the countless number of times that he checked the oil in my car, changed my brakes or just added some water. For an example of someone who works hard and provides the necessities and a little bit more for his family. How grateful I am for all those times I get upset, my mother can't calm me down and my dad picks up the phone, says his simple words of comfort and a calm washes over me.

I am so very blessed to have a father in my life that continues to grow spiritually and physically. For the example he sets for how to treat his spouse well. And most of all for always make sure to support his children in all their endeavors even when he doesn't agree with everything that they are doing. Happy Father's Day to my wonderful daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)