Sunday, June 26, 2011

Listening

Sometimes we hear things when people speak and we hope that someone else was listening as well because we know that that someone was listening too.

Today we had a great Sacrament meeting. I am eternally grateful that even though I wasn't really feeling up to church today I went to Sacrament anyways. We were graced with the presence of Brother James Welch and his family. He is an amazing performance organist, it was wonderful to hear him play. But even more so it was wonderful to hear the words of wisdom that he and his wife imparted on us regarding Eternal Marriage, especially at his time in our lives when many of the people I know, including me, are feeling rather lost about this topic.

Most importantly I loved the talks today because I knew that what was being said was helpful to one person in particular. And my fondest hope is that that person was really listening and can use what was said as guidance in their own life. Not just regarding marriage but regarding how to turn their perspective around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)